Saturday, December 10, 2011

Video Recipe - Bacon & Egg Risotto 2012 with Nicole Chen!

About two years back I developed a recipe for bacon and egg risotto for my cookbook, Bachelor's Banquet. and I have been lucky enough for the recipe to be recreated by various influential bloggers online! So this year I decided to upgrade the recipe and add a fresh new twist to the dish. lemon zest and a truffle bread crumb mixture to add that extra crunch to the overall dish.

Bacon & Egg Risotto 2012 featuring Nicole Chen!
I can honestly say that this dish is one of my few dishes which are close to being perfected, so many chefs think they have 'perfect' dishes which cannot be improved... I disagree, unless it appears in some kind of historical document a dish will still have a long way to go. So without further ado here's a video presentation of my Bacon & Egg Risotto 2012 with special guest Model DJ, Nicole Chen!


Ingredients for Bacon & Egg risotto 2012 (serves 3)

Risotto
1tbsp Butter
1tbsp Bacon oil
½ nos yellow onion, brunoise
½ nos celery, brunoise
1½ cups Carnaroli Rice
½ cup BARRISTERS wine
4½ cups Vegetable broth
3nos Egg yolks
50g Pecorino Romano, grated
2tsp Lemon zest

Garnish
3 Bacon strips (baked)
20g Summer truffles
3tbsp White truffle crumble
Lemon zest
Chives
Chervil


Do try this at home and let us know what you think of this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...